GUARANTEED PROTECTION PLAN
We are proud to offer a full FIVE years of Guaranteed Protection for your electronics and appliances.
We want to ensure your products continue to perform as they did on day one.
We will provide complete support for up to 5 years from the date of purchase.
The coverage is transferable (at no charge) to the new owner; adding resale value to your equipment.
Ask your local representative how a Guaranteed Protection Plan can be tailored for you!
VIP Club members save 20% on all GPP coverage!
• 5 Year Protection
• 100% Parts & Labour
• NO Hidden Fees
• Canada Wide Service
• VIP’s Save 20%
Does my GPP transfer to replacement units?
No. Once a unit is replaced, the plan obligations are complete. You may at that time purchase a new GPP for the replacement item.
I did not buy GPP with my purchase. Can I still do so?
You can add or upgrade GPP up to 30 days from the date of the product purchase. Contact your original store for more details.
How does the Repair Credit Work?
In cases where we are unable to repair a unit due to situations beyond our control, we convert the repair estimate to an in-store credit. You can use this like a gift card against a new product. You would pay the difference, taxes and fees. This would also end our warranty obligation on the old unit and give you the opportunity to add GPP onto the new purchase.
How long does a repair take?
One to four weeks in most cases depending on parts & service availability.
Is it possible for me to solve the problem on my own?
We suggest referring to your owner’s manual for troubleshooting. Sometimes service issues can be simple general maintenance to maximize your products performance.
What is the best way to contact AVU Service Department?
Since we provide service across Canada, the best way to communicate with our team is by email: email@example.com
What happens if my warranty runs out & I have already made a claim?
Provided you have submitted your claim during coverage, you will still be covered & we will send a servicer as soon as it is safe to do so.
How do I submit a Service Claim?
Follow this link to initiate your claim. https://avutools.avu.ca/esp_claim_rebates/claims/add_claim_public
Full Terms & Conditions
Along with the wording of the manufacturer’s warranty, the following conditions apply:
1. Guaranteed Protection Plan is administrated by Glaswegian Enterprises Inc. (GEI)
2. Provided AVU performed the installation of product covered by this plan, the removal and reinstallation of a unit during coverage requiring repair will be performed at no charge.
3. GPP must be purchased within 30 days of product purchase date.
4. Remote Controls are not covered under this plan.
5. This plan is transferable free of charge, provided the product is in good working order, to a subsequent owner. No inspection is required provided no modifications have been made.
6. Loss of this certificate does not result in loss of coverage. Terms and conditions are subject to change so please refer to www.avu.ca for the most up to date version.
7. This plan is for carry-in services, except where in home service is provided under the manufacturer’s warranty. In home service provided under this plan will mirror the manufacturer’s coverage within 100 km (Round Trip) of the authorized service centre’s place of business. Customers are responsible to pay any travel costs or product shipping beyond 100 km (Round Trip).
8. This plan does not replicate any over-the-counter-exchange provided during the manufacturer’s warranty period.
9. This plan covers normal wear and tear but does not cover physical abuse, water damage or foreign objects found inside the equipment.
10. The plan owner releases Glaswegian from all liability due to damage to the unit, replacement of the unit or injury to any person that is not due to the fault or negligence of Glaswegian.
11. The plan owner further understands that Glaswegian is not responsible for any consequential damages or losses related to their inability to make necessary repairs.
12. Items that are consumable, such as batteries are not covered under this plan. Projection Bulbs are covered for one additional year after the manufacturer’s coverage of the bulb expires (maximum bulb coverage 2 years total). This plan only covers items on original invoice.
13. Coverage for commercial applications is not available.
14. If no defect is found or the repairs are denied by Glaswegian due to an unwarrantable item, the plan owner is responsible for all costs incurred.
15. If the item covered under this plan is replaced by Glaswegian, all obligations of this plan will have been fulfilled for that particular item. Replacement product is eligible for protection under a newly purchased GPP.
16. Replacements will be based on current technology not original cost, or series model i.e. XBR. If the same technology or size is unavailable or cost prohibitive, GEI determined market value will be provided as a credit to the customer.
17. Maximum liability of the plan shall not exceed the purchase price of the original equipment. Each individual breakdown, failure or damage shall be adjusted on a replacement cost basis.
18. Glaswegian Enterprises Inc. cannot be held responsible should the original manufacturer cease operation and/or the parts become unavailable. Sole liability lies only in refunding the fee paid for this plan.
19. Glaswegian Enterprises Inc. does not cover burn in or image retention on televisions under extended warranty.
20. GPP does not cover used product or product purchased 180 days after manufacturer discontinues model. In the event you buy a GPP plan under these circumstances, our liability is only to refund the original purchase price of the plan.
21. Set-up, delivery and/or adjustments are not covered.
22. All coverage periods are inclusive of manufacturer warranty periods. Claims during manufacturer coverage will be handled by the manufacturer.
23. All software including reprogramming of remotes is not covered by this plan.
24. Any alterations to programming, settings or alterations to the system are not covered under this plan and the owner does so at their own risk.
25. Unauthorized repairs or modifications may void this agreement. You must provide the care and maintenance recommended by the manufacturer’s warranty.
26. Damages due to power surges are not covered under this plan.
Terms & Conditions – Appliances
Along with the wording of the manufacturer’s warranty, the following conditions apply:
1. This plan covers normal wear and tear but does not cover physical abuse, water damage, cosmetic items or foreign objects found inside the covered item.
2. Customer attempts to repair as well as any unauthorized modifications to the unit will not be covered by this plan.
3. This plan provides carry-in service except where in-home service is provided during the manufacturer’s warranty period. If home service is not available or provided, customer is responsible for getting item to authorized store or service centre.
4. This plan does not replicate any over-the-counter exchange provided during the original manufacturer’s coverage
5. This plan owner releases Glaswegian Enterprises Inc. (GEI) from all liability due to damage to the unit or injury to any person that is not due to the fault or negligence of GEI.
6. The plan owner further understands that GEI is not responsible for any consequential damages or losses due to the downtime of the covered unit or their ability to facilitate necessary repairs.
7. Items used for commercial or industrial applications are not covered.
8. Set-up, delivery, installation and/or adjustments are not covered.
9. Removal and re-installation of water and/or gas lines is not covered under this plan – the customer must arrange for a licensed plumber/gas fitter to re-attach dishwashers, refrigerators with water/ice, washing machines, steam dryers and any other appliance which requires gas and/or water connections.
10. If no defect is found or the repairs are denied by GEI, the plan owner is responsible for all costs incurred.
11. If the covered item is replaced under this plan and all of GEI’s obligations are fulfilled and the plan is completed and will not be transferred to the replacement unit.
12. Replacements provided under the plan will be based on like quality and features, not original cost. No refurbished product will be provided unless the originally covered unit was refurbished or unless the manufacturer utilizes refurbished parts in their standard repairs.
13. GEI cannot be held responsible should parts become unavailable and if this is the case, the sole remedy will be to refund the original fee paid for this coverage.
14. GEI will endeavor to repair items in a timely manner. GEI will not replicate any performance timetables outlined in a manufacturer’s warranty.
15. In-home service provided under this plan will mirror manufacturer’s coverage and will be provided within 100 km (Round Trip) of the authorized service centre’s place of business, customers are responsible to pay any travel costs or product shipping costs above 100 km (Round Trip). GPP must be purchased at same time as the covered item(s).
16. This coverage mirrors the specific manufacturer’s warranty terms and conditions unless specified above.
17. This coverage is not available on discontinued or used equipment, if purchased on such, GEI’s sole responsibility and liability will be to refund the original purchase price of the plan.
18. Maximum liability of the plan shall not exceed the purchase price of the original equipment. Each individual breakdown, failure or damage shall be adjusted on a replacement cost basis.
19. Loss of this certificate does not result in loss of coverage.
20. This coverage is transferable to subsequent equipment owners at no charge; it is the original owner’s responsibility to contact GEI to arrange for the transfer of coverage.
21. If the unit is replaced GEI has the option of taking the original unit or leaving with the customer.
22. Customers requiring service under this plan must initiate a claim via our on line system through https://avutools.avu.ca/esp_claim_rebates/claims/add_claim_public. Improper and/or unauthorized repairs will be denied and the extended warranty may be deemed void by GEI.
23. Coverage dates are based on original invoice dates.
24. Damages due to power surges are not covered under this plan.