Audioengine D1 Premium 24-bit DAC (digital-to-analog converter) allows you to bypass your computer’s soundcard or headphone output and send audio through USB or optical. D1 is the perfect digital interface between your computer and music system and will improve the sound of ALL your music.
• The D1 accepts inputs from both USB and optical and has outputs for any audio system or headphones. The D1 DAC is the perfect way to get great-sounding music not only from your computer but also from your TV, Apple TV, DVD/BluRay player or CD player.
• D1 will process digital audio at any bit depth up to 24 bits and any sample rate to 192KHz.
• Works With: Any computer (Mac or PC), Headphones, Apple TV or any product with optical outputs, Powered speakers, Any audio system with mini-jack or RCA inputs
• Input sample rate (USB): 32kHz-96kHz – native playback. 188.2kHz, 192kHz – re-sampled to 96kHz for playback
• The D1 utilizes the TI1020B USB controller, widely recognized as a standard for higher-end USB audio products.
• The D1 uses the AK4396 DAC, well regarded for its low noise and high fidelity. Due to the high signal-to-noise specs of the AK4396 and the added benefit of double redundancy power source conversion and filtering, the D1 presents impressive low noise and low distortion characteristics.